Monday 23 December 2013

Seeing Red


I feel the cold blade as it slices across my plate
Engraving a mark of pain
Engraving an everlasting stain

I feel the blood as it soaks through my nightingale
Engraving a mark of pain
Engraving an everlasting stain

I feel the breath of the lord as I kneel to the demon of hell
Engraving a mark of pain
Engraving an everlasting stain

I feel cold as the reality sets in
Engraving a mark of pain
Engraving an everlasting stain

I feel the death that I live as I slice at my skin
Engraving a mark of pain
Engraving an everlasting stain

Engraving the truth of my life
Escaping the truth of my life
I slice at my skin with this blade
As cold as ice my skin bubbles and flows its crimson rows

I live a lie
And die a truth
And all I ask for is flight
As I engrave one last stain
My life


You guessed it, old habits die-hard. I’ve slipped back, finding solstice in a blade.

I even fought with my parents today. Which is a rarity! as I like to "keep the peace". And you'll never guess... *Drum roll*... we fought about... my anorexia, and if I’m relapsing, to which I blatantly denied (did you notice the sarcasm?)

But before then I started the day out well. I walked 3.5k down to the hairdressers at 9am for my once in a blue moon outing into the real world. And I had my six monthly hairdressers appointment for a change of scenery I suppose one could say.

So for more then one reason I am seeing red at the moment and so apparently are my parents.

Before


And...


After    

 (in the spirit of christmas?)

No comments:

Post a Comment