Tuesday 3 February 2015

Butterflies

Well with all the darkness in my life at the moment I am pleased to report there is a glimmer of light. I am going back to school, tomorrow in fact. I am officially a nursing student and I am so pleased to be able to say I finally have a purpose in my life rather then having every action dictated by a number or my intake. I am more nervous then I let on but I am equally just as excited and elated. I think I'm more nervous about moving away from home.

What will tomorrow bring? Will I make friends? What will I learn? Is this field really for me? Only time will tell.

I had the 'what shall i wear' dilemma the other day but that's now sorted; a black and white striped floor length skirt and a white tank top. I shall do my make up and i straightened my hair for the first time today since I had it permed, let's just say my god no way in hell was I going to turn up with my hair like that! It looked dreadful so I had a shower and washed my hair in anticipation.

I don't know how I could possibly sleep tonight the butterflies in my tummy sure are flying around and making their presence known.

So today has been busy. It started off with my usually breakfast of 3-4tbs of plain yoghurt. Then I got dressed ready to start the day in style. My gran was going to the crisis care centre to help the homeless and she had an epiphany that I should volunteer at the church playgroup I was a little hesitant but once I got there all the hesitance faded away it felt natural helping out. And I would actually go back there and do it all again next week! (except we don't know my school timetable yet, i get that tomorrow). Then it was home again where I did the washing had lunch and then popped down to the tafe and enrolled myself. Home again home again time to do some journalling then news time and now blogging. I've barely had a moment to myself but i wouldn't change today for the world it's the start to a new beginning


No comments:

Post a Comment