Monday 24 February 2014

Ward rounds dance around


I’m desperate to go home I feel like I have returned to my 5yr old self begging my parents to take me home instead of to buy me that toy or other miscellaneous thing but my pleas fall on deaf ears. I’ve been locked up and the key thrown away. I’m a prisoner to both this hospital and my illness. A game of cat and mouse and I’m cornered. What’s worse is I’m cornering my parents they must feel awful as is without me begging them in fits of tears to take me home!

I just had ‘ward round’ everybody’s favourite days of the week… not! But it went well (in my perception) I’m not allowed off wheelchair transfers or time off the ward until my obs stabilise (my heart rate jumps too much when I stand up) and I’m meeting with the dietician tomorrow to discuss introducing an oral meal plan which I am actually that stoked about! Its one step closer to home talking about home the shortest period I could be here is a week! Although the possibility of being longer is still there and I am aware of this. My parents weren’t too impressed when I discussed this with them they are desperate that this admission will turn things around but I just don’t want it as much as they do I want to want it but I just….can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment