Friday 3 October 2014

Medically compromised

So I didn't post yesterday but I thought I'd try to update today.

My parents had a meeting with my team yesterday morning and it was decided that my CTO would be revoked and if I was medically compromised I was to be admitted to emergency. Well I went to my gp appointment and low and behold I was medically compromised my blood pressure went from 130 sitting to 100 standing my hr was 130 I was dehydrated and my kidneys were failing!

I went to A&E in tears begging my parents to take me home becuase I didn't want to go to the swanston centre. The emergency dr wanted to put an IV in to which I refused she called a code grey where they were going to sedate and shackle me. I screamed I begged and I pleaded with her not to in the end I was compliant.

I have since had 3.5liters! And I've just been hooked up again to another liter to run over 8hours. I am also now hypoglycaemic with a BGL of 3.8 and my kidneys are still failing apparently I'm on "deaths door". I think this is an over reaction at the least. I still haven't eaten. And I'm in strict toilet privledges only I also have a cpo (constant patient observer).

The dietician suggested the NGT today at a rate of 10mls p/h 24/7 and at about 6.30pm I finally agreed in the hopes that showing them I'm willing to work with them will get me home sooner. And as it's the weekend now they don't want to make any "rash decisions" so we have to wait to talk to the on call doctor tomorrow.

I'm to stay on the medical ward over the weekend which is a relife. I'm hoping I can go home with the NGT rather then an admission to the swanston centre whilst we await a bed at John Cade.

Oh the joys. I'm dying for a coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment