Sunday 5 October 2014

Medically stable

My overnight admission to the medical ward has turned into 5 nights. But I am now considered "medically stable" so I won't be here for much longer except to my utmost dismay (lol jks) the swanston centre is at capacity :D *does a happy dance*

I saw the registra today and had a good chat with him about the possibility of going home with the NGT he has to consult with my psychiatrist but says the team want to treat me in the "least restrictive way" so, I'm hopeful.

I'm trying to keep my fluids up and not tamper with the tube to prove to the hospital staff my team family and friends I am trustworthy and I am giving this 110% my best shot. It seems to be paying off as I haven't had a cpo (constant patient observer) since 1.30 and won't until 3 so 25minutes. I'm enjoying the silence and the privacy. Although they're not all bad it's a bit of company 24/7. My cpo this morning was deaf (literally!) and his batteries had died so my Lordy was I happy when he went home he sucked at making small talk.

I still haven't eaten yet I'm still repulsed by food my anxiety still sky rockets just having it sit next to me untouched. It's tempting but the anorexia demon always wins the battle. The registra does have a way with words though telling me I will gain weight from the NGT I just have to remind myself the dieticians aren't trying to make me fat they're trying to make me healthy.

The dietician came up to see me today and prompted me to eat to no avail and said that the NGT feeds probably need to be increased now. I'm petrified I don't know how I'm going to handle it but, I guess I have to if I want to go home.

Wish me luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment